This Is Dog’s Terms & Conditions
Last revision: November 17, 2020
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of or reliance upon this website maintained by Augustin Delporte and Myriam Jessier (the “Website”).
Your access or use of the Website indicates that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable laws, statutes and/or regulations. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website will be considered your acceptance to the revised Terms and Conditions.
1. AGE RESTRICTION
You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age to use this Website or any services contained herein. Your access or use of this Website indicates your representation that you are at least thirteen years of age. We assume no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of your age.
TL;DR: ask for parental approval before you decide to interact with the contents on this website if you are under the age of 13.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property on the Website with the exception of YouTube video content or stock photos from Unsplash.com or Pexels.com is owned by us. All content on the Website, with the exception of aforementioned YouTube content and Pexels.com or Unsplash photos, including but not limited to text, software, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features and all other content is a collective work under Canadian and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of the Company; All rights reserved.
3. USE OF COMPANY MATERIALS
We may provide you with certain information as a result of your use of the Website including, but not limited to, documentation, data, or information developed by us, and other materials which may assist in the use of the Website or Services (“Company Materials”). The Materials may not be used for any other purpose than the use of this Website.
4. AFFILIATE MARKETING & ADVERTISING
We, through the Website and its services, may engage in affiliate marketing whereby we receive a commission on or percentage of the sale of goods or services on or through the Website. We may also accept advertising and sponsorships from commercial businesses or receive other forms of advertising compensation.
TL;DR we may engage in affiliate marketing or advertising to pay for the domain name and hosting costs.
5. ACCEPTABLE USE
You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose, or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website in any way that could damage the Website, the services or the general business of Augustin Delporte and Myriam Jessier. You further agree not to use and/or access the Website:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights;
- To violate any intellectual property rights of us or any third party;
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- To perpetrate any fraud;
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate or discrimination towards any group;
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
6. PROTECTION OF PRIVACY
- Through your use of the Website, you may provide us with certain information. By using the Website, you authorize us to use your information in Canada and any other country where we may operate.
- We may receive information from external applications you use to access our Website, or we may receive information through various web technologies, such as cookies, log files, clear gifs, web beacons or others.
- We use the information gathered from you to ensure your continued good experience on our website. We may also track certain of the passive information received to improve our marketing and analytics, and for this, we may work with third-party providers, including other marketers.
- If you would like to disable our access to any passive information we receive from the use of various technologies, you may choose to disable cookies in your web browser.
7. REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY
You may not undertake any of the following actions:
- Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Website;
- Violate the security of the Website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
TL;DR Don’t be a douche canoe and try to rip off anything from the website. Also, script kiddies, please don’t touch this WordPress.
You defend and indemnify Augustin Delporte and Myriam Jessier and any of its affiliates and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, which may arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your conduct or actions. We will select our own legal counsel and may participate in our own defense, if we wish to so.
9. SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS
We may need to interrupt your access to the Website to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that your access to the Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that the we will have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
10. NO WARRANTIES
Your use of the Website is at your sole and exclusive risk and any services provided by us are on an “as is” basis. We disclaim any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Website will meet your needs or that the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the Website or obtained through the Services. Any damage that may occur to you, through your computer system, or as a result of loss of your data from your use of the Website is your sole responsibility and we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
Internet communications are subject to interception, loss or alteration and, as consequences, you acknowledge that information or data you provide by electronic means by accessing or using this Website are not confidential or exclusive, except to the extent required by the applicable laws, and that communications by email may be intercepted, altered or lost.
12. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
We are not liable for any damages that may occur to you as a result of your use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law. The maximum liability of Augustin Delporte and Myriam Jessier arising from your use of the Website is limited to the greater of one hundred ($100) Canadian Dollars. This applies to any and all claims by you, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.
TL;DR If you find some way to hurt yourself by using our website, we are not liable beyond one hundred Canadian dollars.