Labradors are one of the most well known and most popular choices for dog lovers across the nation. A Labrador puppy that is trained well
- How much dog hair you are willing to put up with.
- Do you need a hypoallergenic dog?
- How much time do you have as a family? Who is going to devote their time to daily walks and play time? A lot of big dog breeds require a great deal of daily exercise.
- Choose a breed with an energy level that fits your family’s time commitment can avoid a lot of behavioral problems.
- When considering the size of dog you must really think about the cost of maintaining the dog. It costs a great deal more to feed a St. Bernard than it does a Chihuahua.
- Medical expenses requiring anesthesia will also be greater as physicians charge by weight.
- Boarding kennels and groomers may charge by weight as well. The general rule is, the larger the dog, the more expensive it will be to care for him.
- What type of temperament are you looking for? If you have kids, you will want to choose a breed that has a reputation for being good with children. If you want a good watch dog, choose a breed that has a natural guard instinct.
Our latest articles
Go beyond the Disney classic and get to know these lovely elegant dogs. They make amazing pets!
We answer some of the most common questions people have about rottweilers. Come on, learn something new about these big beauties!
The English bulldog is a brawny little powerhouse with a crablike waddle. Find out more about this awesome dog breed.
This playful, high spirited dog is recognized for its cleverness and ability to learn. Come learn why people absolutely adore boxers!
Golden Retrievers remain one of the most versatile and most astonishing breeds. We answer common questions about the breed.
Discover our big super fat German Shepherds FAQ to get all the answers you need about your favorite dogs. Send us your questions!
From training to exercising and extensive talking, get all the answers you are looking for regarding Huskies. Discover our big Husky FAQ.
All your questions about this dog breed answered in one spot. I wrote this because I noticed everyone kept asking the difference between Malamutes and Huskies.