Lufthansa is a particularly convenient airline for travel throughout Europe and the world. Bonus: they accept up to 2 dogs aboard the cabin or in the cargo hold
Travel With Your Dog
Travel tips to make your trip as safe and enjoyable as possible:
- Schedule your pet a check up with your vet and ask for a certificate of health and other required paperwork for the trip.
- If your pet is on medication, bring it with you along with your vet’s contact info in case something happens.
- A well socialized pet will travel more easily and tolerate the stress of traveling better than a pet that is not used to be in a car or around other people.
- Most hotels charge extra pet fees and you are not allowed to leave your dog alone in the room.
- You don’t want to assume that there is a pet friendly hotel in a town you intend to stay in. Check in advance and make reservations.
- Make sure your pet wears a collar with tags. One tag should be a current rabies tag and the other tag should have the dogs name, your name, address, town, and phone numbers.
- If you want to fly with your dog, check out our articles to pick the best airline for you and your dog.
Our latest articles
Here are the airlines specific policies regarding pet travel in the cabin or in the cargo hold of the airline.
We visited Berlin with our miniature dachshund. Our dog had a great time discovering the city with us 🙂 Here are some dog-friendly hotels and restaurants.
We travel everywhere with our miniature dachshund. Here are some things we learned over the years while flying with a dog.
Tips for those thinking of buying a dog in Montréal Choose an animal adapted to your lifestyle, residence and personality. Provide the necessary funds for
Back in the days, the only dogs allowed in Disney World hotels were service animals. Regular pet dogs are now welcome in 5 Disney World
All the information you need if you plan on traveling with your pet aboard the Luxembourg airline. We cover required documents, dog carrier sizes and cost.
Did you know that the ibis hotel chains accept dogs in many Europen cities? This includes ibis, ibis Budget, ibis Styles, some Sofitel and Novotel hotels.
Going on vacation in France? Here’s good information on how to travel with the SNCF trains throughout the country.
Located near Vienna Central Station, Hotel Schani is ideal for transiting Vienna. But is it made for travellers with a dog? Discover it!